****PLEASE USE REFERENCES AND IN TEXT CITATIONS AND REFERENCES (APA FORMAT) FROM THE COURSE MATERIAL PROVIDED BELOW TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS. ALL REFERENCES CAN BE GOOGLED.****
Nerdcomp, a manufacturer of sophisticated computer parts, recently moved the operations of one of its divisions to Malaysia. The Company has hired several hundred workers at wages considerably below their U.S. counterparts, but consistent with the prevailing wages in Malaysia. Not only is the Company benefiting from the lower wages, it is also able to reduce its costs further because of the deplorable factories used for its operations (no air conditioning and poor ventilation), it can dispose of waste without any government oversight, and government inspectors are routinely given gratuities for favorable inspection reports or to otherwise grease the skids for the Company. The Company’s operations are in all key respects in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.
You were recently hired as a senior vice-president in charge of the Malaysian operations and you are concerned about what you have seen and heard as to how the plants are being operated. When you called a colleague in the states, he said to you “keep your mouth shut and when in Rome do as the Romans do”.
The colleague ascribes to a cultural relativist point of view. When in Malaysia, do as the Malaysians do. But a proponent of virtue ethics would reject this view.
****Please provide substantive responses to each question with in text citations and references from course material to support answers!!!****
· Is it acceptable to acknowledge these cultural differences in moral practices and still hold them to be morally wrong?
· If we do that, do we continue to “do as the Romans do”?
· Is this type of operation sustainable?
COURSE MATERIAL TO BE USED FOR IN TEXT CITIATIONS AND REFERENCES
Theme 1: What is Ethics?
· The Business Ethics Workshop (2012) Washington, DC: The Saylor Foundation
Chapter 1: What Is Business Ethics? (pages 4-32)
· Ethical Issues, Ethical Dilemmas, & Legal Issues
Theme 2: Why Ethics Matters?
· Culture: The Key to Corporate Governance
· Corporate culture: The second ingredient in a world-class ethics and compliance program
· The Firm’s Stakeholders
Theme 1: Global Business Ethics
Global Business Ethics
Allon, J. (2013, November 20). Labor activist exposes the horrors in the global supply chain for some of your favorite products – his solution might surprise you. Alternet
· (Make sure to watch video in article: Auret van Heerden, Making Global Labor Fair)
Theme 2: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
· US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Summary
· US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) Full Text
· The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: An Overview
Sub Theme 1: Operating in China
· The Ten Principles For Doing Business In China
· A Pocket Guide to Doing Business in China
· The Compromises That Companies Make to Do Business in China
Sub Theme 2: Operating in India
· Doing Business in India
· How To Do Business In India
· 20 Essential Tips for Doing Business with India
Sub Theme 3: Operating in Latin America
· Doing Business in Latin America
· What are the top risks to doing business in Latin America?
· Doing Business in Latin America Handbook
Sub Theme 4: Operating in Russia
· Comparing Business Ethics in Russia to the US
· Navigating the Complexities of Doing Business in Russia
· Overseas Business Risk – Russia
Sub Theme 5: Operating in Africa
· 16 Challenges of Doing Business in Africa… Oh Man!
· Irwin, J. (2011). Doing business in South Africa: An overview of ethical aspects. Institute of Business Ethics.
· Business in Africa: The risks, rewards And challenges
· Role of Government in Regulating Business Ethics
· The Ethics of Redistribution.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.