1. Please refer to story B1 and answer the following question. The word that would most accurately fit the blank at the end of the second paragraph is
a. Corruption b. Contradiction c. Picture d. Reversal
2. Please refer to story B1 and answer the following question. The underlined word convey, as used in this passage, most accurately means
a. Give birth to b. Explain c. Experiment d. Rationalize
3. Please refer to the story B1 and answer the following question. The underlined word temporal, as used in the passage, most nearly means
a. Hot b. Right-handed c. Old-fashioned d. Temporary
4. An example of a phrase that is a cliché is
a. “live and learn” b. “Selling the hotcakes” c. “What goes around, comes around” d. All of the above
5. An example of a phrase that is NOT a cliché is
a. “Slick as a whistle” b. “Crazy as a loon” c. “In the blink of an eye” d. None of the above
6. Each statement about fact and opinion is correct EXCEPT that
a. A fact is a statement that can be proved with objective (verifiable) information. b. An opinion is a statement that expresses personal feelings and cannot be proved. c. Writers of opinion pieces make try to make the reader feel foolish for not agreeing by using phrases such as “Anyone who believes otherwise is not being realistic.” d. Words that express a degree of uncertainty, such as “may,” “might,” and “possibly” are used to substantiate the facts.
7. Select the sentence that correctly uses the relative pronoun.
a. Do not ask for who the bell tolls. b. I could not tell who’s answer was correct. c. To whom should we send the check. d. Whose the best cook in the competition?
8. The element of fiction that is moved along by conflict is the
a. Plot b. Setting c. Theme d. Tone
9. The skill of separating fact from opinion is important for a reader because
a. The better you can do so, the more critical of a reader you will become. b. In standardized tests, you will frequently encounter reading selections where you are expected to distinguish fact from opinion. c. You need to be able to do so analyze writing. d. All of the above.
10. Clint didn’t want _____ to do with a new version of the film.
a. anything b. nothing
11. The majority of girls haven’t _____ played football.
a. ever b. never
12. Sharon’s tiny cat _____ barely three pounds.
a. is b. isn’t
13. Paolo has a fever; he is not _____.
a. good b. well
14. _____ I please have the sugar?
a. Can b. May
15. Uncle Ben _____ me to play the guitar.
a. learned b. taught c. thought d. taut
16. Writers of poetry and fiction frequently make use of figurative language, which includes
a. Metaphor. b. Personification. c. Simile. d. All of the above.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.