1. After reading chapter 2, how would you define Communicative Language Teaching? Provide a detailed definition using your own words.
2. What kinds of topics, communication activities (role plays, presentations, debates), and participation formats (teacher-fronted, pair, or small group) did (or might) you most enjoy using as a language learner, and why? Which did you enjoy the least? Did the instruction enable you to use the language later in noninstructional situations? Can you recall any activity or project that integrated listening, speaking, reading, and writing?
3. How do (or might) you use technology for language teaching and learning in your context? What constraints do you face? Do you think that you as a language learner or your (future) students would want to engage in virtual or simulated learning environments online? Why or why not? What possibilities might there be for other non-face-to-face interactions (via chat, email, or online discussion groups) as a way of developing learners’ communicative competence? What advantages do those have over more traditional print-based or face-to-face instruction and practice?
4. How might the principles of CLT be applied or adapted to meet the challenges posed by the following sorts of contexts? Choose two situations from the list below to discuss:
a. Learners have limited access to new information and communication technologies or to authentic samples of oral or written language.
b. Existing teaching materials represent a very different orientation to teaching.
c. The goals of the course are much more traditional, for example, to help students pass high-stakes language tests like TOEFL.
d. Class sizes are very large, and acoustics are poor.
e. Students seem to be shy and unaccustomed to discussing topics of a personal or social nature with one another, and the teaching approach is very teacher-centered.
f. Teachers (and students) have difficulty teaching using the L2 primarily due to a lack of proficiency in it.
5. Do you agree that formulaic sequences and vocabulary are more important than grammar in the early stages of L2 learning? Why or why not?
6. The chapter focuses on four ways of focusing on form. What do you see as the advantages and limitations of each way?
7. What are your own views about the value of teaching explicit L2 knowledge?
8. How can you maximize the amount of input that your students are exposed to both in and out of the classroom?
9. “Controlled practice exercises typically result in output that is limited in terms of length and complexity” (p. 39). Do you agree with this statement? Do you see any advantages of such exercises?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.