For the Unit IV Assignment, you will conduct an experiment in which you break a folkway, a norm governing everyday behavior, and answer a series of response questions applying concepts you learned in this unit and the previous unit regarding breaking norms.
Begin by choosing which type of folkway (norm) you want to break. You may break a norm that results in a negative sanction (e.g., staring or exclusion). On the other hand, you may also break a norm that results in a positive sanction (e.g., extra attention or thanks). You can break the norm with family member, at work with a colleague, or in your community with a neighbor or a friend. After picking your norm, answer the questions in Part A. After completing the experiment (breaking the norm), answer the questions in Part B. You will write up your answers to the questions from both Part A and Part B in a two-page essay.
Part A: (Before Breaking the Norm)
· What norm have you decided to break?
· Is it a formal norm or an informal norm?
· Why do you think this norm exists in society?
· How it is a form of social control?
· What reactions by others do you expect? How do you think you will feel while breaking the norm?
Part B: (After Breaking the Norm)
· What were the reactions of others?
· How did the reactions of others strengthen the norm or act as a social control?
· How did you feel during the experiment, and how did the reactions affect you?
· What did you learn about yourself in the breaking of the norm?
IMPORTANT: Do not do anything that is legally or morally questionable or that could bring negative sanctions against yourself or the university while breaking the norm. Please just use common sense!
For this assignment, ensure you follow the requirements below:
1. Answer ALL the questions listed in Part A and Part B.
2. Please answer the response questions in essay-style format. You will not be rewriting each question and answering it. You will be creating an essay that addresses the response questions.
3. Use sociological terms and concepts from the textbook reading in your essay to demonstrate you understand and can apply the concepts.
4. Cite the textbook at least once in the essay. APA style in-text citations are required to show how the textbook was used in your essay. An APA style reference list containing the textbook and any other sources you cited in the assignment is also required. The essay should be a minimum of (2) two pages and should use the following APA style components: APA style title page, double-spaced, 1-inch margins, and 12-point font.
Witt, J. (2016). SOC 2016 (4th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.