FOR THIS BRIEF, YOUR BRIEF MUST CONCERN
FOOD: PRODUCTION, MARKETING, TRANSPORTATION, SAFETY, SECURITY, OR A TRADE-RELATED AGRICULTURAL POLICY.
Assignment: You are to write a 3 page policy brief following the guidelines below. You get to choose the policy you will analyze in this assignment. One suggestion is to choose a “small” policy: rather than grand proposals or overarching policy schemes (e.g., Obamacare), more targeted policies or ones that focus on limited and immediate problems are easier to fit into the structure outlined below. However, any public policy from any level of government is acceptable.
NOTE: Spelling, grammar, word choice, etc. count. Be careful, read what you have read. Make sure it looks and reads like a professional document.
Submit this through CANVAS assignment page. DUE NOVEMBER 28 at 11:55 PM
Policy Brief Description
The purpose of the policy brief is to convince the target audience of the urgency of the current problem and the need to adopt the preferred alternative or course of action outlined and therefore, serve as an impetus for action.
The paper should be:
• Focused – All aspects of the policy brief need to strategically focused on achieving the intended goal of convincing
• Professional, not academic –The common audience for a policy brief is interested to know the writer’s perspective on the problem and potential solutions based on the new evidence.
• Evidence-based – The policy brief is supported by evidence that the problem exists and the consequences of adopting particular alternatives.
• Limited – The focus of the brief needs to be limited to a particular problem or area of a problem.
• Succinct – Not a long research paper; ~5 pages best
• Understandable – Use clear and simple language (i.e. not the jargon and concepts of an academic discipline).
• Accessible – facilitate the ease of use of the document by the target audience and subdivide the text using clear descriptive titles to guide the reader.
• Promotional – the policy brief should catch the eye of the potential audience in order to create a favorable impression.
• Practical and feasible – the policy brief is an action-oriented tool targeting policy practitioners. The brief must provide arguments based on what is actually happening in practice with a particular policy.
The Policy Brief – Structure — USE THIS STRUCTURE
1. Title of the paper – The title aims to catch the attention of the reader and compel him/her to read on and so needs to be descriptive, punchy and relevant.
2. Executive summary – Aims to convince the reader further that the brief is worth in-depth investigation. A 1-2 paragraph executive summary commonly includes:
. A description of the problem addressed;
• A statement on why the current approach/policy option needs to be changed;
• Your recommendations for action.
3. Context and importance of the problem – The context and importance of the problem is both the introductory and first building block of the brief. As such, it usually includes the following:
– A clear statement of the problem or issue in focus.
– A short overview of the root causes of the problem
– A clear statement of the policy implications of the problem which clearly establishes the current importance and policy relevance of the issue.
4. Critique of policy option(s) – detail shortcomings of the current approach or options being implemented and illustrate both the need for change and focus of where change needs to occur. Includes the following:
– A short overview of the policy option(s) in focus
– An argument illustrating why and how the current or proposed approach is failing.
5. Policy recommendations – Provide a detailed and convincing proposal of how the failings of the current policy approach need to changed. This is achieved by including:
– A breakdown of the specific practical steps or measures that need to be implemented.
– A closing paragraph re-emphasizing the importance of action.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.