Assignment attached. Respond to Colleagues Discussion 150 words or more each in 24 hours
to two or more of your colleagues’ posts in one or more of the following ways: (Respond 150 words or more each Colleague)
· Ask a question about the ways in which your colleague has used persuasion in a business environment.
· Share an insight you gained from your colleague’s perspective on the benefits and risks of utilizing persuasion in a business environment.
· Provide an additional suggestion or share your thoughts on your colleague’s explanation of how they will use their own skills of persuasion to be an agent of positive change.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you have learned or any insights you have gained as a result of the comments your colleagues made.
1st Colleague to Respond to:
I have used persuasion in a business environment with both my employer and my own LLC. I am employed by a non-profit hospital, and one of the ways we supplement revenue production is with fundraisers. In the past, our hospital had a raffle and an assortment of prizes were awarded. The prizes were not appealing to all, and it was difficult to sell tickets. When I took responsibility of this fundraiser, I persuaded our leadership team to discontinue purchasing prizes and instead offer a cash raffle. I maintained cash raffle tickets would be easier to sell (they were) and would subsequently raise more money (it did). I was able to persuade them and delivered the outcomes I had suggested. On another occasion, my LLC submitted grant applications to receive funding for a building restoration in a historic zone of my hometown. I explained the benefits the building would provide to our community (3 store suites and 5 new apartments), plus saving the historic building and turning it from an eyesore to a source of community pride. Again, several grant committees allowed me to persuade then I would be effective and awarded the grants, and I delivered the outcomes I suggested. I have developed a personal brand of, “Teena has a vision and will share and deliver it” in my community.
There are many benefits to using persuasion to influence others at work. Providing a vision to others helps “sell” that vison, and when others understand and commit to it, they will work to complete the objectives. Pursuasion is a great way to promote collaboration and keep a team focused. Secondly, the negotiation involved in persuasion allows each member to ask and explain his or her objectives and their fears (Erhart, 2019). I regard effective persuasion as a “give and take” process, where we develop and share meaning together.
A significant risk of utilizing persuasion is alienating or losing the trust of the other. It is important to not apply pressure, but persuade through discourse and mutual understanding. If the other feels they have been deceived, manipulated or taken advantage of, they will regret their agreement. I do not ever want someone to regret his or her decision to work with me, and I want him or her to be sincerely in alignment with what we have agreed to, to maximize positive outcomes for all.
As a business professional and leader, I will use my own skills of persuasion to be an agent of positive change—I will use my powers for good, not evil. Ethical consideration requires I consider what is in the best interest of the community, to lift every member, and to do so requires every member to contribute to that negotiation. I must remember I’m here to serve (not myself) and do the work (that we agree needs to be done). Persuasion must be in the best interest of all.
Erhart, A. (2019, August 1). What is digital marketing? And how does it work? [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgJ2mPWHX8
2nd Colleague to respond to:
Top of Form
Without a question, persuasiveness skills are one of the crucial factors that aid marketers in persuading consumers to purchase goods and services by altering their opinions or perceptions (Conteh & Schmick, 2016). By persuading customers of their needs and expectations for the specific product I sell for my company, I use my persuasion talents in the business world. I persuade customers of the value of my offerings by demonstrating their potency and ability to satisfy their needs.
· Playing the Scarcity Card: In this strategy, potential consumers are informed that the product is probably going to be hard to come by in the near future. I employ this technique to persuade potential clients to purchase my goods. This persuades customers to purchase the product in order to prevent product shortages in the future and to avoid paying more for it because of the shortage (Susser et al., 2019).
· Giving social evidence is effective in a commercial setting when many people have a tendency to rely on the judgment of others. In order to persuade new customers to purchase my products, I offer case studies and testimonials from prior customers.
· Using phrases like “new,” “limited,” and “free” when describing my products: It’s important to note that many consumers like fresh or free goods. Therefore, using words like this in my product showcase will undoubtedly persuade people to purchase my product (Conteh et al., 2016). Additionally, I use the word “limited” to let clients know that they have a unique chance to buy these things because supplies may be scarce.
Identify at least two benefits of using persuasion to influence others at work. Identify at least one potential risk of utilizing persuasion in a business environment and how a person can work to overcome those risks.
Benefits of using persuasion to influence others at work
· Employees with persuasiveness abilities are more likely to persuade others to work, which increases productivity.
· Boost commercial sales.
· Using persuasive techniques to get other workers to work hard and accomplish their objectives is crucial.
· Help in decision-making.
Potential risks of utilizing persuasion in a business environment
· Customers may be duped into purchasing items they do not need by persuasive tactics if their expectations are set too high. Discontent may result from this.
· This can be prevented by first asking potential customers if they actually need the thing, you’re attempting to sell them. You can use this to decide whether to try to sell them something.
· In order to persuade customers, the persuasion may contain some incorrect facts about the goods.
· How can you make an effort to reduce the risk? Making sure you give consumers the right product information to persuade them to buy will help you avoid this.
Explain how you, as a business professional and leader, will use your own skills of persuasion to be an agent of positive change.
I will employ my persuasion abilities to bring about positive change in the following ways as a company professional and leader. I would begin by determining the target audience’s needs. I will decide whether to persuade them to buy the product by evaluating their needs. Build a relationship with your audience. As it enables them to inquire about my items, mutual understanding will be crucial in convincing and communicating with my customers. Think about the advantages (Simmons, 2019). It should be noted that it is crucial to think about the advantages of the product you persuade clients to purchase. Thai will boost sales, which will boost client satisfaction and corporate effectiveness.
Conteh, N. Y., & Schmick, P. J. (2016). Cybersecurity: risks, vulnerabilities and countermeasures to prevent social engineering attacks. International Journal of Advanced Computer Research, 6(23), 31.
Susser, D., Roessler, B., & Nissenbaum, H. (2019). Online manipulation: Hidden influences in a digital world. Geo. L. Tech. Rev., 4, 1.
Simmons, A. (2019). The story factor: Inspiration, influence, and persuasion through the art of storytelling. Basic books.
Bottom of Form
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.