Aim of assessment
Standard 1 of the NMBA Registered Nurse Standards for Practice outlines the requirement for nurses to use best available evidence for safe, quality practice and to develop practice through reflection on experiences, knowledge, actions,feelingsandbeliefs(NMBA,2016).
The aim of this essay is for students to describe, and reflect on, a nursing related event reported in the media and using the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) standards developed by ACSQHC (Australian CommissionforSafetyandQualityinHealthcare)identifywhatnursesmightdotoimprovetheirpracticeandreduce theriskofasimilarerror.
Studentswillwriteanappropriatelystructuredessaythatincludesand/oraddressesthefollowingpoints. Aguideto thenumberofwordsyoumaywishtouseforeachsectionisprovidedinbracketsaftereachpoint.
– Aconciseintroductionthatidentifiestheincidenttobediscussedwithbackgroundinformation,athesisstatement(astatementthattellsthereaderwhatyoubelieveaboutthetopic),andoutlineofthemainideastobe discussedintheessay(Approximately150words)
– Identifyandexplaintheconsequencesofthisincidentforthenurseandthehealthconsumer(patientandtheir family)(Approximately150words)
– Throughthedevelopmentofanursingactionplan,identifyanddescribethenursingactionsthatdemonstrates howthenursescanimprovetheirpracticeinawaythatpreventstheincidentreoccurring(Approximately250 words)
– A brief reflection of the incident using the points below from Rolfe et al’s (2001) reflective model (1 or 2 sentencesoneachpointbelow). (Approximately150words)
– What? Whatfeelingsdidthiseventevoke(suggest)foryou?
– So What? So what does this tell you about the nurse’s actions in this incident (were they appropriate, were theycorrect,wasitbestpractice?). Whatdoyouthinkthenursemighthavebeenthinkingwhenthemistake occurred?
– Now What? Nowwhatknowledgecouldthenursehaverememberedandappliedtoensuretheincidentdidn’t occur. Isthereadditionalinformationthenurseneedsinordertobesafe?
– UsethelinkbelowtoviewRolfe’setal.’s(2001)reflectivemodelandseeanexampleofhowthiscanbeapplied https://my.cumbria.ac.uk/media/MyCumbria/Documents/ReflectiveModelRolfe.pdf
– A conclusion that concisely summarises the main ideas raised in the essay, restates the thesis statement and concludeswithafinalstatement(Approximately150words)
– Appropriateuseoflanguageandconventions,andappropriatesupportofrelevantacademicresources,including appropriateNMBAandACSQHCstandardsthroughouttheessay
– Your introduction, main body and conclusion paragraphs in this essay must use 3rd person. However, your reflectionparagraphmayuse1stor3rdperson
– Applies appropriate, academic resources and uses correct APA 7th style referencing both in text and on a completereferencelist
There is a word limit of 1000 words. Use your computer to total the number of words used in your assignment. However,donotincludethereferencelistattheendofyourassignmentinthewordcount.In-textcitationswillbe included in the additional 10% word count. If you exceed the word limit by more than 10% the marker will stop markingat1000wordsplus10%.
Important Note: The marking criteria add up to a mark of 60. The assessment is weighted at 30%. Therefore, yourmarkoutof60willbeconvertedtoamarkoutof30%foryourfinalgrade
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.