Innovation Leadership Evaluation
In this course, you have explored four main concepts:
• How contemporary leadership practices and models support innovation in the global context.
• The personal skills and leadership practices that drive innovation and the creation of innovative organizations.
• The models of innovation and change management leaders use to create a culture of innovation.
• Communication strategies, including storytelling, that support culture change in innovative organizations.
The last assignment for this course challenges you to integrate these concepts while focusing on a particular idea for a change of process, procedure, or product in your current industry or sector, or one which you aspire to in the future. You will build on the work you began in the Unit 4 assignment. You will integrate what you have learned from the course studies, discussions, your individual research, and previous assignments to demonstrate your mastery of the course competencies.
For this assignment, you will write a 7-9 page paper which continues and concludes the work you began in your Unit 4 assignment. You will continue to use the potential process, product, service, or procedure for innovation you presented in your unit four paper. That idea may have come from your current work, one you thought of in a past work environment, one from your personal life, or one you have read about in the Wall Street Journal or other resource. The point is to take an example of a potential innovation and continue to apply it to this assignment.
This assignment tasks you with synthesizing and applying what you have learned throughout the course.
Your readings and other resources have introduced you to several models of innovation and change management as well as the leader’s role in the process. You have also researched additional articles and Web sites for this assignment, including:
• Two articles or resources on design thinking.
• One additional resource on change management.
• One article focused on leading innovation in your current or future specialization, industry, or sector. Using all of these resources, you will develop your assignment as described below.
Using all of these resources, you will develop your assignment as described below.
Analyze and apply the first four components of the design thinking process to your chosen innovation. Recall you wrote about the first three in the paper in Unit 4; edit that section based on the feedback you received, and then add the fourth component to your section on design thinking for this assignment.
1. Empathize (learn about your audience).
2. Define (create a point of view based on needs).
3. Ideate (brainstorm ideas. Be wild).
4. Prototype (Build a representation of a minor idea to show others).
Develop a communication strategy including a story that you will use to overcome complacency and create passion in the organization for the innovative change. Remember to include a visual map for your story using the model you learned in the Stories that Move Mountains: Storytelling and Visual Design for Persuasive Presentations book.
Evaluate three personal leadership skills and practices from your personal assessments in Units 1 and 2 that you will use to lead this innovative change process. Explain how you, as the leader, would use storytelling to engage the audience (those in the organization you wish to influence) and what skills you will need to further develop to be a successful leader of culture change in the organization.
You will be evaluated on how well you communicate your insights and analysis. It is expected that you will communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions. To aid you in doing this, follow these guidelines:
• Carefully organize your paper so there are three major headings devoted to each of the following topics. You may want to use subheadings in the first section to ensure the reader can find each of the four components of design thinking. Make sure that the reader can easily find:
o A section that analyzes and applies the first four components of the design thinking process to your chosen innovation.
o A section that develops a communication strategy including a story and visual story map to influence and engage your audience.
o A section that evaluates three personal leadership skills and practices that you will incorporate into your innovative change process.
• Optionally, graphs or diagrams may be included in appendices, if they are well-explained and applicable.
• Each section of the paper must be supported using the course readings, and additional scholarly resources or reputable industry publications may be used, if needed. Three to four supporting resources are recommended.
Your assignment will be scored on the following objectives; see the scoring guide for details. Once again, provide examples where it would be useful to your reader:
1. Analyze the relevance of key design thinking components to a chosen innovation. Specifically, you should apply the first four components of the design thinking process to your chosen innovation.
2. Apply key components of design thinking process to a chosen innovation. This should be the first four components of the design thinking process.
3. Develop a communication strategy including a story map visual that you will use in this innovative process.
4. Evaluate three personal leadership skills and practices that you could incorporate into your innovative change process.
5. Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
• Written communication: Writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
• Paper length: 7-9 pages, excluding appendices, cover page, table of contents, and references page.
• APA formatting: References and citations should follow APA style guidelines. • Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click on the linked resources for helpful writing information.
• Innovation Leadership Evaluation Scoring Guide.
• APA Style and Format.
• Capella Library.
• Capella Writing Center.
• Research Guideâ€“MBA.
• Resource Guide | Transcript.
• Stories that Move Mountains: Storytelling and Visual Design for Persuasive Presentations.
• Writing Feedback Tool.
From Stories that Move Mountains: Storytelling and Visual Design for Persuasive Presentations, complete the following:
o Continue to review all chapters of this book to assist in developing your story visual for the last assignment of the course.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.