UNIT 3 TEST – Quantities in Chemical ReactionsName: ___________________ Date: ______________ _______ / 43 =
* Be sure that your final answers contain the correct # of sig figs and units *
1. Calculate the molar mass for the following compounds. (K/U- 6 marks)
Note: The values you get for these calculations will be used in Question # 3.
2. Complete the following table. (K/U-15 marks)
17.8 g of Mg3(PO4)2
atoms of oxygen
2.75 mol of
atoms of nitrogen
3.02 x 1021
atoms of hydrogen
3.A4.6 kg sample of an unidentified metal contains 25.02 moles. Identify the unknown metal.
4. A compound contains 39.99% carbon, 6.73% hydrogen, and 53.28% oxygen, by mass.
a) Determine the empirical formula of this compound. (K/U-4 marks)
b) If the compound has a molar mass of 330.33g/mol, determine its molecular formula (K/U-3 mark)
5.Determine which would be the limiting reagent if you were to react 16.0g of iron with 39.0g of
sulfuric acid (see the reaction equation below). (K/U-4 marks)
6. The equation below shows the reaction between magnesium nitride and water.
Mg3N2(s) + 6 H2O(l) → 3 Mg(OH)2(s) + 2 NH3(g)
a) What mass of magnesium nitride would you need to react with excess water to produce 25 grams
of ammonia? [T-3 marks]
b) If this experiment was actually done using the masses of the two reactants that you calculated in
parts a & b, and you only obtained 16.27g of ammonia, what would the percent yield be for your
experiment? [A-3 marks]
c) List and briefly describe two reasons why the actual yield of a chemical reaction this one is always
less that the theoretical yield. (C-2 marks)
SCH 3U Stoichiometry Worksheet
1. State the mole ratio between the reactants in the following balanced equation:
4NaOH + 2F2
4NaF + 2H2O + O2
2. State the mole ratio between hydrogen chloride and water in reaction of barium
hydroxide with hydrogen chloride.
3. State the mole ratio between the reactants in the complete combustion of
4. Zinc sulfide reacts with oxygen gas to produce zinc oxide and sulfur dioxide.
Determine the number of moles of zinc oxide produced when 2.5 mol of zinc
sulfide is combined with excess O2.
5. Consider the netralization reaction of magnesum hydroxide with hydrochloric
acid. Determine the number of moles of salt produced when 5.0 mol of
hydrochloric acid is combined with excess magnesium hydroxide.
6. Potassium chlorate decomposes to form potassium chloride and oxygen gas.
What mass of potassium chlorate is required to form 120.0 g of potassium
7. Consider the following reaction:
AlCl3(aq) + 4NaOH(aq)
NaAlO2(aq) + 3NaCl(aq) + 2H2O(l)
How many grams of sodium chloride can be obtained from 4.46 g of AlCl 3?
8. Consider the following balanced equation:
LiAlH4 + 4H2O
LiOH + Al(OH)3 + 4H2
How many grams of Al(OH)3 will be produced from the hydration of 4.20 g of
9. Diphosphorous pentachloride reacts with water to produce phosphoric acid in a
synthesis reaction. Calculate the number of grams of phosphoric acid that will
be produced when 105.9 g of diphosphorous pentachloride are reacted.
10. Consider the double displacement reaction of silver nitrate with calcium
chloride. Calculate the number of moles of the silver-containing product that will
be produced when 135.0 g of calcium chloride are reacted.
11. Magnesium metal reacts with phosphoric acid to produce magnesium
phosphate and hydrogen gas. Calculate the number of moles of magnesium
phosphate that will be produced when 112.0 g of magnesium are reacted.
12. Iron(III) oxide can be formed by combining iron and oxygen gas. Determine the
mass of iron(III) oxide produced when 48.2 g of oxygen gas is reacted with
13. Lithium phosphate is reacted with zinc nitrate. Determine the mass of lithium
phosphate required to react completely with 415.0 g of zinc nitrate.
14. Lithium phosphate is reacted with zinc nitrate. Determine the mass of lithium
nitrate that will be produced when 415.0 g of zinc nitrate is combined with
excess lithium phosphate.
15. A piece of iron is placed in an aqueous solution of copper (II) nitrate. Determine
the mass of the copper that will be formed when 119.5 g of solid iron is reacted
with excess copper(II) nitrate.
16. Write the balanced chemical equation for the complete combustion of propane,
C3H8. Determine the mass of carbon dioxide that will be formed when 131.0 g of
propane, C3H8, is reacted with excess oxygen.
17. Write the balanced chemical equation for the complete combustion of methane,
CH4. Determine the mass of oxygen that will react completely with 18.3 g of
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.